What to see in Gus-Khrustalny in one or two days in the city, where to go on your own in the vicinity and visit interesting places? For our tourists, we have collected 25 fascinating and beautiful objects that we recommend you to see with your own eyes, both on excursions and during an independent walk.
Gus-Khrustalny is a small but extremely picturesque town located in the Vladimir region. It got its interesting name thanks to the Gusevsky Crystal Factory, which operates in the city to this day.
Despite the modest area, the sights of Gus-Khrustalny are simply striking in abundance and quantity. The virgin Russian nature, surrounded by wooden log cabins, amaze with its primevalness.
Sights of the city of Gus-Khrustalny
To spend your vacation in the city rich and unforgettable, we attach a list of the most significant and interesting places to view.
Gusevsky Crystal Factory
The visiting card of the city, from which you should start exploring local significant places. The plant was founded back in 1756 by Akim Maltsov. Throughout the history of its existence, the factory has experienced a sufficient number of perturbations. Crystal products are supplied to more than 40 countries around the world:
- st. Kalinin, 28;
- works from Monday to Friday, from 08:00 to 16:00;
- excursions are conducted daily from 10:30 to 12:00 and from 12:20 to 13:10;
- information and pre-registration by phone 8-905-613-44-90;
- website http://ghz.ru.
Crystal Museum. Maltsov
What to see in Gus-Khrustalny? Of course, these are real crystal works of art created by Russian craftsmen. The expositions, which are the pride of the city, are located within the walls of the St. George Cathedral. Here are still the paintings of V. Vasnetsov. More than two thousand products can be viewed on their own, for this you need to know the following information:
- st. Kalinin, 2a;
- the museum is open daily from 10:00 to 17:00 from June to September, in other months the opening hours are reduced by one hour;
- the ticket price for an adult is 150 rubles. and 100 rubles. for students;
- website http://www.museum.ru/M566.
Gus-Khrustalny History and Art Museum
Another significant place in the city, a must-see. The museum was founded in 2001, but 2011 is considered to be its heyday. Guests of the city will be able to familiarize themselves with unique expositions dedicated to the Meshchersky region and the goose. History and archaeological finds can be viewed with the following information:
- st. Kalinin, 2;
- open daily from 10:00 to 18:00, except Sunday;
- the ticket price is 40 rubles, for children and pensioners – 20 rubles;
- website http://museum-gus.ru.
Historical and Exhibition Center Stekloholding
The Gus-Khrustalny museums never cease to amaze, because they are unlike any other in the world. Original exhibitions, including the “Galaxy of Glass”, will be transported into an impeccable fantasy world. To purchase rare exhibits, you must familiarize yourself with the following information:
- st. International, 114;
- working hours by prior arrangement by phone 8 (49241) 9-31-75.
Stunning glass works of art can be viewed and purchased not only at the factory and museum, but also in a special market. There will definitely not be fakes here, but only originals:
- st. Rudnitskaya, 3;
- works daily, seven days a week from 06:00 to 13:00;
- website http://www.glass-mart.ru.
Photos of the city of Gus-Khrustalny do not convey all the flavor that the area has. It seems that each building boasts a hundred years of history. The shopping arcade, which were built in the 19th century, was not spared either. Everything was sold on wooden counters. Unfortunately, the sheds and gates have not been preserved. Guests can still visit shops and even a restaurant with national cuisine located nearby:
- st. Old Bolsheviks, 7;
- working hours from 10:00 to 22:00.
Monument to Akim Maltsov
Monuments in Gus-Khrustalny are of particular importance, because each carries its own history. Akim Maltsev is the founder of the famous crystal factory. Important information:
- st. Kalinin, located near the Crystal Museum;
- You can get there by shuttle buses # 4, 6, 10, 11 and 124.
Meshchera Park in Gus-Khrustalny
The park is a national treasure. It was founded in 1992, the area is about 120 thousand hectares. The rich flora and fauna makes you stay on the territory from morning to evening:
- st. International, 111;
- working hours from 08:00 to 17:00;
- ticket price from 50 rubles. and higher, depending on the availability of a guide and transport service;
- website http://www.park-meshera.ru.
Open Air Museum “Russian Compound”
The sights of Gus-Khrustalny and photos to them can be found on the official website of the city. However, not every really interesting place is consecrated on the Internet. The museum is a life-size rural display. Created from excavation results. Household items for residents of 16-18 st .:
- Tasinsky village, Perkhurovo village;
- open daily from 10:00 to 17:00.
It is impossible to imagine that the inhabitants of the famous city would not create their own poultry museum. The goose is the symbol of the city, and the river of the same name flows in the center of the city. To fill the museum rows with interesting exhibits, residents carry their own interesting statuettes to the administration. Today, the museum has about 150 bird species:
- st. Kalinin, 34;
- information on the work schedule can be specified by calling 8-961-25-50-215.
Health History Museum
Vacationers can visit this unusual museum. The walls contain various medical instruments of the past centuries, as well as equipment and photographs:
- st. Menzhinsky, 2;
- open daily except Monday from 10:00 to 17:00.
Museum of the First Council
The building was built in 1904 for the bourgeois council. The guests are presented with exhibits in the memorial halls where the meetings of the deputies were held:
- st. Sovetskaya, 27.
Park “Fairy Tale” in Gus-Khrustalny
The park territory was created about 10-15 years ago. This was followed by the decline of the complex, and only recently the city authorities began its active revival. Today, residents and guests of the city can enjoy not only pristine nature, but also unusual wood sculptures that personify Russian aesthetics:
- you need to take a shuttle bus and get off at the “Proletarskaya” stop.
A place to visit with a child will be a great idea when planning a walking route, we recommend that you set aside one day to visit the site.
The property of the local population, formed as a result of the flood of the Gus River. After a short time, there is a well-developed infrastructure around the reservoir. The reservoir is about 7 km long and 500 meters wide:
- a picturesque place located right in the center of the city.
Where to go with children in Gus-Khrustalny? Of course, to the game center. A territory of laughter, fun and adrenaline. Several cinema halls, bowling, slot machines, many playgrounds. You can have a tasty meal at the pizzeria and sushi bar. For adults, karaoke and a night dance floor begin to work in the evening:
- st. Kalinin, 22;
- website http://almaz-cinema.ru.
Cafe of the cinema “Almaz”
To make the rest more eventful, in the intervals between sightseeing, you can visit the cafe, beloved by the indigenous people. Some of the dishes are served here on wooden platters:
- st. Kalinin, 22.
Entertainment center “Rainbow”
A great place for a great evening with the whole family. The largest center boasts a huge number of shops, children’s play areas, including interactive ones, ateliers and hairdressers, furniture salons and others:
- st. Rudnitskaya, 3;
- working hours from 09:00 to 21:00 seven days a week;
- website http: //raduga-tts.rf.
An amazing place, loved by children and their parents for a long time. Professional masters will help you to cut your hair or make styling. Instead of the usual chairs – children’s cars. The banal interior has been replaced by wallpapers with cute animals and favorite characters. Children’s hairdresser is located in the shopping center “Rainbow”.
Shopping center “Vesna”
Shopping and spending your free time is a must visit the mall. You can buy the things you need at the following address:
- st. Revolution, d. 2;
- working hours from 08:00 to 19:00, on weekends until 16:00;
- website http: //ttsvesna.rf.
Holy Trinity Church
The age of the building dates back to 1816. A small church erected in honor of Joachim and Anna, over time turned into a temple complex of incredible beauty. The building has undergone decay and many restorations. A Sunday school and a religious school are open on the territory:
- st. Luxemburg, 3;
- open from 07:00 until late at night.
Cathedral of the Holy Great Martyr George the Victorious
Built by Maltsev and by Benoit himself. The walls are decorated with frescoes by Vasily Vasnetsov. Works of art, for example, such as “The Last Judgment” are painted not on plaster, but on canvas. It currently operates as a Crystal Museum.
Chapel in Gus-Khrustalny
Saint Barbara is the patroness of the city. According to legend, the appearance of the saint took place near an unnamed river. Today, there is a chapel on this place:
- st. 2nd People’s.
A picturesque place ideal for leisurely walks and romantic evenings. Here you can enjoy silence and harmony.
- st. Ushakova, 1.
Former men’s school
Two buildings, interesting for their mirroring, are located in the central part of the city. Today it is a museum center. The buildings are made in the Russian-Byzantine style:
- st. Kalinin, 2.
Small picturesque houses in which the peasants who worked at the crystal factory lived. They are located on a specially created street that has survived to this day.
The sights of Gus-Khrustalny and the photos with descriptions presented above will help you to spend a rich and informative vacation in a stunningly beautiful city.
What to see in Gus-Khrustalny in one day?
- We advise you to start the route of walking around the city from the area of the Maltsev Crystal Museum , here you can sit on the benches and take good photos.
- Crossing the road to Kalinina Street you will come across the Historical and Art Museum , which will be useful to the whole family.
- We leave on Kalinina Street and move towards the City Reservoir , here you can relax on the Central Embankment and take great pictures from the observation deck. If you are hungry, there is a Pyaterochka store or an inexpensive cafe “Deja Vu” (SN Kovalev street 13A) nearby.
- If you go further along the street. Kalinin to the crossroads, then you can get to the Holy Trinity Church .
- We recommend ending the evening at the Brudershaft restaurant (Staryh Bolshevikov str., 3a ), next to the embankment. Or in the institution “Maltsov” (st. Kalinin 30).
What to bring from souvenirs?
- The first place in our rating of gifts for family and friends is glass products , without which no one will believe you about a trip to Gus-Khrustalny. For shopping, it is better to go to the market, here you can buy both ordinary crystal glasses and chic chandeliers, goose figurines.
- Ceramic plates.
How to get to Gus-Khrustalny from Moscow?
You can get to the city by car, train or intercity bus (about 5 hours), from Moscow it will be faster by your own car (we got there in 4 hours and 20 minutes). Many rent a car, but the cost is round.
The train departs from Kazansky railway station (No. 048B), the journey takes about 3 hours, tickets can be bought at the box office without additional tariffs.
The bus leaves from the Shchelkovo bus station every two hours, it is easy to leave and buy a ticket at the bus station itself. You can also leave the Kursk railway station, but there are only 4 flights per day.
Where to eat deliciously in the city?
Let’s repeat a little about the two establishments that we have already described above, these are the Brudershaft and Maltsov restaurants. There are a lot of positive comments in the reviews of tourists, which means that you should definitely go here.
We advise you to go in the evening to the ” Jam ” (st. Old Bolsheviks 7), the cuisine is excellent with large portions, the prices are adequate relative to other establishments in the city.
How to plan your trip cheaper?
With the help of practical advice, you can arrange a seaside vacation or a trip to the sights much more profitable:
- ROOMGURU will help to make a budget stay in any city . The search engine compares prices for all housing bases and gives the result. It is very convenient to use the HOUSING SEARCH application via a smartphone. It is especially helpful on arrival when you need to immediately book an apartment or hotel.
- Before each trip, it is imperative to purchase an insurance policy, we recommend TRIPINSURANCE , the service works only with the best insurance companies that you should trust.
- Where to buy cheap flights? Be sure to use the AVIASALES aggregator , he is looking for the most profitable options from all airlines.