The Trippo project has selected for its readers the main attractions of Arkhangelsk, which are definitely worth seeing when visiting the city and its surroundings. We have compiled a map of the best and most beautiful places, found inexpensive hotels with comfortable rooms, found out how to get there and how much an air ticket costs.
Arkhangelsk is a city founded by the order of Ivan the Terrible. A lot of historical sights have been preserved here. In addition, the beauty of the northern region will amaze even the sophisticated tourist. Therefore, the flow of travelers rushing here does not dry out. The list of tourist places will help you decide where to go in Arkhangelsk today.
First of all, they are referred to the places where to go in Arkhangelsk. A center where many exhibitions and educational events are organized. Here you will be able to get acquainted with the history of the region and the traditions of the inhabitants.
- address: Chumbarov-Luchinsky Ave., 38;
- working hours: depends on the beginning of the event, follow the poster;
- ticket prices: adult from 30 rubles, discounts for children and seniors, photography is paid separately;
- official website: http://marfin.wmsite.ru/
Arkhangelsk Literary Museum
Founded at the end of the last century. A collection of manuscripts by K. Prutkov, N. Rubtsov and other Russian figures is presented. The fund includes more than 50 thousand exhibits. The place is considered to be one of the most valuable objects of the Russian Federation. Included in the list of places to see in Arkhangelsk, a must.
Book exhibitions and events dedicated to writers are regularly organized.
- address: st. Volodarsky, 10;
- working hours: from 12 o’clock to 4 o’clock in the afternoon, Monday and Tuesday – days off;
- prices: check at the box office, the price depends on the type of event;
- official website: http://museum.ru/
Arkhangelsk Museum of Fine Arts
Created in the middle of the last century. More than 30 thousand canvases by Russian painters are presented, including masters who created in the period from the 14th to the 19th century.
- address: st. Lenin, 2;
- working hours: from 10 am to 6 pm, Tuesday – day off;
- prices: adults – 200 rubles, students and pensioners – discounts;
- official website: http://arhmuseum.ru/
Northern Maritime Museum
The collections tell about the history of maritime affairs in the North of Russia. Significant object, from the list of things to see in the Arkhangelsk region.
Fund – 21 thousand exhibits. The pride of the museum is the alley in honor of Razmik Khachikovich Muradyan (he explored the Arctic).
- address: 80, Northern Dvina embankment;
- working hours: from 10 am to 6 pm, Monday – day off. On Saturday and Sunday, opening is one hour later, closing: one hour earlier;
- prices: 180 rubles, discounts are provided to preferential categories of citizens;
- official website: http://northernmaritime.ru/
Guided tours and interactive activities are organized.
Where to stay? A selection of cheap accommodation in Arkhangelsk for tourists near the embankment, near the train station, in the center. All options are selected solely on the basis of reviews, excellent accommodation conditions.
Museum of Artistic Development of the Arctic named after A.A. Borisov
Founded in honor of the student of I. Shishkin, who worked in the Arctic. Presented about 400 paintings by the master. The collections are located in a historic building.
- address: st. Pomorskaya, 3;
- working hours: from 10 to 18 hours, Tuesday – day off;
- prices: 200 rubles, for students and pensioners – discounts;
- official website: http://arhmuseum.ru/museums/
Arkhangelsk Regional Museum
Founded in the 30s of the 19th century. The expositions are dedicated to the nature and history of the Russian North. The facility is equipped in accordance with the latest technology.
Visitors are encouraged to use audio guides, interactive whiteboards, etc. The object is included in the list of places to go with children in Arkhangelsk.
- address: 85, Northern Dvina embankment:
- working hours: daily, except Monday, from 10 am to 7 pm;
- prices: inspection of all expositions – 300 rubles. It is possible to visit individual exhibitions;
- official website: https://kraeved29.ru/
S. G. Pisakhov Museum
Opened at the end of the last millennium. Equipped 8 rooms in the mansion, which belonged to the businessman Butorov.
More than 150 paintings of the painter are presented, as well as personal belongings, photos, documents, a family archive.
- address: st. Pomorskaya, 10;
- working hours: from 10 am to 6 pm, except Monday;
- prices: from 100 rubles;
- official website: http://arhmuseum.ru/museums/view/9
Archangel Cathedral in the name of Elijah the Prophet
Monument from the beginning of the 19th century, built at the expense of a local merchant. The appearance of the original building has not survived to this day; the shrine has been reconstructed several times. The image of the Archangel Michael is kept here.
Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
You will find a monastery on the waterfront. The relics of Orthodox saints are kept here.
Important ! Tourists are attracted by the opportunity to visit the well, the water in which is considered curative.
Church of Zosima, Savvaty and German Solovetsky
Part of the Solovetsky Monastery. Monument from the end of the 16th century. The main relic is a handmade Cross and an icon of the Monk Zosima, Savvaty and German.
Belongs to the Nikolo-Karelian Monastery. In Soviet times, a military club was located here. At the moment, restoration work is underway.
Church of All Saints
Located at the Vologda cemetery. Built at the expense of local merchants. This is the oldest church in the city; rare, valuable Orthodox icons are kept here.
Lutheran Church of St. Catherine
Built in the middle of the 18th century. Now the building houses the Philharmonic. The organ of impressive size is considered to be the decoration of the sights. Fans of organ music come here. The object is located at the address: st. K. Marx, 3.
Located on the embankment of the river. The site reminds that the city used to be an important trade center. It is run by the Museum of Local Lore. Here we go down and go for a walk, seeing off the evening along the embankment, then you can find several more interesting places, more about them later.
Monument to S. Pisakhov
The monument is dedicated to the storyteller Pisakhov. There is a belief that the one who shakes hands with the writer and strokes the cat will have a good day. Located at the intersection of st. Primorskaya and Chumbarov-Luchinsky ave.
Busy place, transportation is limited. Concentration of shops and restaurants. The merchant mansions have been preserved and restored.
Suitable for photography, most of the city photos on the Internet were taken here
Monument to the Seal – the Savior of the Residents of Arkhangelsk and besieged Leningrad
An unusual monument, the weight of the statue is 900 grams. Serves as a memory of the tragic events during the Second World War, when people were dying of hunger. Only the catch of seals saved from death. Meat was also delivered to Leningrad. You will find an object on the embankment.
Monument to Peter I
Built in 1914. This is a miniature copy of one of Antokolsky’s works. The height of the monument is 7.5 meters.
Fact! This sculpture is depicted on a 500-ruble note.
From here the city began to grow. The site of the foundation of the first port. A sculptural composition was erected to mark the 400th anniversary of the founding of Arkhangelsk.
Northern Dvina Embankment
It is considered the main street of Arkhangelsk. Length – 7.5 km along the right bank of the river. Many sights of the city are concentrated here, including monuments and museum objects. Every year a street theater festival is organized here. Events take place in June.
Suitable for tourists who are interested in what to see in Arkhangelsk in 1 day.
Building of design organizations
The highest construction of the Arkhangelsk region. Built in 1984. Used as an office building.
It is illuminated at night, serves as a background during photo sessions with tourists on social networks.
Manor house of E. K. Plotnikova
There are many places to go to in Arkhangelsk. This object belongs to them.
This is an example of architecture from the late 18th century. Rebuilt when changing owners. The collections of the Museum of Fine Arts are located here.
Drama Theater named after Lomonosov
The building was built in the middle of the 19th century, but the theater was located here only at the beginning of the 20th century. The premiere was a production based on the play by M. Gorky.
Repair work is underway, follow the poster.
Arkhangelsk Puppet Theater
The information is useful for tourists who are interested in where to go with a child in Arkhangelsk.
The year of foundation is considered 1933. The repertoire includes more than 30 performances, it is updated regularly.
Important ! Follow the poster. We recommend booking tickets on holidays and school holidays. This can be done on the official website: http://www.arhpuppet.ru/clubs/.
Built in 1964. Thrown across the Dvina. The length is over a kilometer. It is considered the northernmost bridge on the planet of this type of structure. This is a drawbridge. Railroad tracks pass along it, pedestrian paths are equipped. Views of the city can be seen from here. Suitable place for photo shoots.
What to see in Arkhangelsk in one day?
Tourists who come to the city for a short time are primarily interested in what to see in Arkhangelsk in 1 day. We recommend using the following proven route:
- Start your walk by visiting Chumbarov-Luchinsky Avenue . This is a real monument of wooden architecture. Immediately visit Marfin’s house, see the monuments.
- Then go out to Primorskaya street . The main attractions of Arkhangelsk are the monument and museum dedicated to the storyteller Pisakhov .
- Go to the embankment of the river and enjoy the local views, do not forget to take beautiful photos of the city. You can end the day at a local café. The restaurants offer Russian cuisine.
Where to eat deliciously in Arkhangelsk?
- You can eat inexpensively in the Gryadka , the cafe is located on Lomonosov 88, the cost of lunch per tourist is about 600 rubles, and the food here is delicious, proven by experience. The institution is ideal for young people.
- Restaurant Pochtovaya Korona 1786 , located on the street. Naberezhnaya Dvina 78, mainly Mediterranean and Russian cuisine, is perfect for dining in a cozy atmosphere. The average check is 1500 rubles.
- Restaurant Old Tiflis at 281 Lomonosov Avenue. Here you can taste Georgian and oriental cuisine, we especially recommend ordering meat and fish dishes here. The establishment is also ideal for dinner after long walks in the city in the evening.
Or you can use the second option, it is more suitable for those who are interested in information about what to see in Arkhangelsk and the surrounding area:
- Start your tour from Chumbarov-Luchinsky Avenue .
- Then go to the village of Malye Korely .
This route will take the whole day, so we advise you to plan it already from 6 in the morning. Here you can stay for the night, and in the morning go back.
What to see in Arkhangelsk in winter?
Arkhangelsk is unusually beautiful in winter. Even at this time, the city will be able to visit a lot of interesting places. Popular objects are:
The first stone was laid by the decree of Peter I to protect the state borders from the Swedes. It was considered one of the most fortified fortresses in Russia.
It was declared a monument at the federal level. Located in the Dvina delta, 20 km from the city. Acquaintance with the monument will be the answer to the question of what to see from the sights of Arkhangelsk.
Museum “Malye Korely”
A popular, tourist place, the answer to the question of where to go in Arkhangelsk and the surrounding area.
This is an open-air museum. More than 100 buildings are presented. Covers an area of 140 hectares. The facility is located in the Primorsky District. It is more convenient to go here by car. Visits are also possible in winter.
- address: der. Malye Korely;
- working hours: from 9 am to 6 pm, except Saturday and Sunday; in winter – from 10 am to 4 pm;
- cost: 200 rubles, discounts apply;
- official website: https://www.korely.ru/.
Compound of the Solovetsky Monastery
Included in the list of beautiful places in Arkhangelsk. A must visit point for all guests of the city. The object was destroyed by followers of communist ideas. The restored landmark. Pilgrimage place.
- address: Arkhangelsk region. Pos. Solovetsky;
- official website: http://solovki-monastyr.ru/.
Important ! Traveling around the region and seeing the sights of Arkhangelsk and the Arkhangelsk region, use the navigator and updated maps. This will help you avoid the hassle of finding the right address.
There are hotel houses and cafes near every tourist place. There will be no problems with accommodation and meals.
Arkhangelsk sightseeing map
How to get to Arkhangelsk?
- By plane.
The city has two airports – Talagi and Vaskovo. The first terminal operates for intercity flights within Russia and abroad, the second for domestic flights.
- By train.
Two railway stations accept trains from Russian cities at any time.