In this article, we will consider the main sights of Grozny (Chechen Republic), which are worth seeing with your own eyes, regardless of the visiting season. What to see in one day from beautiful and interesting places in the city and its surroundings on your own? We planned the route of the walk, made a map of the location of objects, found restaurants where you can eat tasty and inexpensive food in a cozy atmosphere. As a bonus, a video review was posted, which will help to penetrate the traditions and culture of Chechnya.
A visit to every region of our vast country delights and amazes. You just need to find out in advance which places deserve the attention of travelers. And then any corner of the earth will reveal its beauty, secrets, enchanting past – the North Caucasian republic will not be an exception.
The correct answer to the question of what to see in Grozny is, first of all, from the variety of attractions in Chechnya. Although the city was destroyed by many days of repeated battles, the repository of traces of the past works without interruption. The museum has been officially operating since 1996. There are concentrated items that were exhibited in two museums, which opened in 1924 and 1961, respectively. Expositions dedicated to edged weapons, decorative arts, and artistic canvases are constantly functioning.
- Address: Prospect Putin, 1b.
- Mode: The rooms are open from 10 to 5:30 pm, on Thursday from noon to 8 pm, on Monday and the third Friday of each month, they are completely closed.
- Prices: Thematic and sightseeing tours for schoolchildren under 16 will cost 50 rubles, for students 120 and 160, for adults 200 and 300 rubles, respectively.
- Website: http://nacmuzeychr.ru/
Akhmat Kadyrov Museum
Speaking of where to visit in the capital of the Chechen Republic in winter, one cannot pass over in silence the place dedicated to a person who is significant in its history. The museum exposition has been operating since 2010. Spanish marble, Iranian gilded chandelier and a number of other items make the exposition the most unusual in the Russian Federation. Designers inspiredly crossed Moorish and Florentine medieval styles. The second floor is reserved for periodically changing paintings.
- Address: Alley of Glory (where Putin Avenue and Mayakovsky Street intersect).
- Mode: 9 to 5 pm, except Monday.
- Prices: 100 rubles per ticket.
State art gallery
It is included in the list of the most beautiful places in Grozny – already simply due to the content. The facility has been open since 2012. Leading regional architects were working on the project. Traditional musical instruments, battle armor of the century before last, and household items are continuously exhibited.
- Address: Isaeva Avenue, 75.
- Mode: from 9 to 7 pm, lunch from 13 to 14, Saturday and Sunday opening an hour later than on weekdays. Fridays are cleaning days.
- Prices: 100 rubles for adults, 50 rubles for students and beneficiaries.
- Website: https://aakg.mk95.ru
Walk of Fame
The memorial complex has been operating since 2010. It is dedicated to the 65th anniversary of the victory. An eternal flame is available near the tower that adorns the Kadyrov Museum. There is a monument to the commander of the 28th Cavalry Regiment, Visaitov, the owner of the most prestigious awards and even the Order of the United States.
- Address: Nazarbayev street, 9v.
- Mode: Mon-Fri from 9 to 7, Sat-Sun from 10 to 7, sanitary days on Wednesdays.
- Website: https://al-slavy.mk95.ru/.
The story about what to see in Grozny in 2 days cannot be ignored by the Chernorechenskoye reservoir. It has been operating since 1961. Since 2012, there has been an active development at a new level. Here is the largest color and music fountain on the planet. There are a couple of beaches. There is an arboretum nearby.
- Address: Microdistrict Chernorechye, Mamsurov street.
- Opening hours: from 8 am to 10 pm.
A place worth visiting in the evening is sure to be with a girl and with children. On Saturday and Sunday, an amazing show begins on the Grozny Sea, starting at 21.00, the show lasts about 35 minutes. Of the most memorable moments, it is worth highlighting the water screen for broadcasting video of the series and water jets reaching 100 meters. If you compare the fountain with the Dubai fountain in the UAE, then you will not believe it, some technical characteristics even surpass it.
Maternal glory park
Among the sights of Grozny with photos and descriptions, it would be surprising not to find a monument so characteristic of traditional culture. At the entrance there is a semblance of the Parisian Arc de Triomphe. The territory contains 13 attractions and 5 fountains. Even swimming in the outdoor pool is allowed.
- Address: Gennady Trosheva street 6.
- Mode: from 11 am to midnight daily.
Park named after Pavel Musorov (now officially – Abdullah bin Talal)
Citizens consistently recommend this place among those that must be seen in Grozny in one day. The park was renamed in 2011, but the former name is more familiar. By 2018, they managed to complete the improvement of the territory. There are sports grounds and towns for children, there is an artificial pond and planting of 500 varieties of plants. Even the electric lights have been updated.
- Address: Pavel Musorov Square.
- Mode: round the clock.
Park of journalists
The park has been operating since 2007. It was laid as a memorial in memory of the dead and missing journalists. Nearby is the city House of the Press.
- Address: Mayakovsky, 84.
- Working hours: around the clock.
The quarter, which begins in the area of Kadyrov Avenue, firmly corresponds to the theme “Grozny and sights with photos and names.” It was built in an impeccable European style. The microdistrict was built in 2005 – 2011, and this is really a corner of European architecture in the Transcaucasus. A lot of skyscrapers are collected here.
“Heart of Chechnya”
The story about the city of Grozny and its sights cannot ignore the objects of the Islamic cult. The mosque was built from 2006 to 2008. When it was created, they followed the same style as when creating the Blue Mosque in Istanbul. Specialists from Turkey had a hand in the design of the temple, and the marble was taken out specially from one of the islands of the Sea of Marmara. More than 9000 people can be accommodated inside.
- Address: A. Kadyrov Avenue.
- Mode: from 9 to 8 pm daily.
- Website: http://serdce-chechni.ru/
Temple of Michael the Archangel
It is also one of the most attractive places where to go to see the sights in Grozny is advised by old-timers and experienced guides. The object was destroyed during the fighting. The restoration was started in 2004. The work was completed in two years. In 2008, on the personal instruction of the head of the republic, the domes were covered with gold leaf, and the walls were painted white (before they were blue). Since 2011, the parts of the building facing the avenue have been repainted in sand color.
- Address: Kadyrov Avenue, 38.
- Mode: from 10 am to 8 pm every day.
“City of the Dead” or Tsoi-pede
The eerie name hides a much nicer essence. The monument is located in Itum-Kalinsky district near the turn towards the village of Shundy. Yes, the city of the dead does not fit the description of places from the lists, which is interesting for a tourist to see in Grozny and its environs. The journey by car will take at least 3 hours. You can get into the necropolis only if you apply for a permit from the border authorities, as it is a military facility. You need to get approval at least 60 days before the trip. Visitors will find 42 crypts, 2 watchtowers and 2 ancient places of worship. Some of the graffiti on the walls has not yet been deciphered by specialists.
This place is closer. On the way, you can reach the intersection of the Botlikh and Vedensky districts within 100 kilometers. The majestic section of the Greater Caucasus Range pleases with peaks covered with snow all year round. The length of the mountain range is 60 km. Above, an overview of the steppes of the south of the republic is open. The vegetation on the spur is of a mixed type.
It is rarely mentioned as an answer to the question of what to see in Chechnya from the sights. The road will be 80 km only by car. Then you will have to walk 23 kilometers (and then the same amount back). Therefore, you have to devote a whole day to a visit. And then it is available only to physically strong trained tourists. But all doubts die away at the moment when the traveler casts a glance at the surface of the water. On 12 hectares occupied by the lake, the depth in some places reaches 35 meters. In summer, the water is colored emerald. Even in the hottest weather, it does not get warmer than 20 degrees.
The stadium is firmly included in the list of places to see in Grozny from the sights experienced travelers advise in reviews. Terek’s home ground accommodates 30,500 fans. During the construction, the use of the building was taken into account both for sports and for entertainment, for a cultural program. The locker rooms and the field, the stands, the press center are invariably open (except for important moments and the competitions themselves, of course); photography allowed.
- Address: Yashina Street, building 21.
- Opening hours: Mon-Fri from 9 am to 6 pm, break from noon to 1 pm.
- Website: http://akhmat-arena.ru/
Memorial to the Fighters Against Terrorism
If you don’t know where to go in Grozny yet, be sure to head here. This majestic place is well worth an extra visit. It is dedicated to the memory of those who shed blood for the sake of today’s opportunity to live peacefully and successfully develop local cities and villages. 38 boulders carved with the names of the most prominent people who gave their lives to crush the designs of predatory terrorist gangs and their patrons.
- Address: near the stop “Prospekt Isaeva”.
Drama theater named after Lermontov
The theater has been operating since 1904. It is noteworthy that the earliest productions were not without the leadership of the legendary Vakhtangov. The theater received its modern name in 1941. The modern stage of its history began in 2007, and a full-fledged building was rebuilt only in 2012.
- Address: Mohammed Ali Avenue, 13A.
- Mode: From 9 am to 6 pm, except 1 pm – 2 pm; weekend – Saturday and Sunday.
- Website: https://lteatr.mk95.ru/.
Drama theater named after Nuradilov
The object deservedly entered the list of the republican cultural heritage. Dozens of the best actors work steadily here. It has been operating as a theater studio since 1931. The theater is a constant participant in charitable and cultural events in the republic.
- Address: Prospect Esambaev, 9.
- Opening hours: From 9 am to 6 pm.
- Website: http://teatr-nuradilova.mk95.ru
There is an opportunity to get acquainted with the everyday life of Grozny residents and see the products they buy for themselves. Focus on Putin Avenue and the National Library, and then you will see. You can buy everything: household appliances, things from around the world, fish, fruits, vegetables. The prices for the goods are not overpriced, vegetables and fruits can be bought even cheaper.
- Address: S. Sh. Lorsanova 1
- Mode: from 8:30 am to 7 pm, there is good parking.
The castle-type fortification was erected before the beginning of the 12th century on the banks of the Derhoyne Erk River. How much earlier – it will hardly ever be possible to find out. The upper platform was set aside for the sentries, who gave alarming signals when enemies approached. After reconstruction in 2010, the tower has preserved its appearance 900 years ago.
Autodrome “Fortress Groznaya”
The autodrom has been operating since 2015. It has been the site of significant drag racing competitions on several occasions.
- Address: Chemists, 10.
- Mode: Mon-Fri from 9 to 18 hours, lunch break from 12 to 13 hours.
- Website: http://fortgrozny.ru/track.
What to see in Grozny in one day?
You can find many other attractions, but most tourists are limited in time. Many people drive into search engines requests such as what to see in 1 day in Grozny and do not know where to start, where to go. We have selected the most interesting places in the capital of Chechnya, which are worth visiting slowly and ending your walk in one of the cozy restaurants.
- Many experienced travelers deservedly consider the “Heart of Chechnya” mosque as their starting point , and it is from here that we advise you to make your own route. It is so majestic that it can be the first point of any visit. At night, the temple looks even more solemn than during the day, thanks to the illumination, this object will be ideal for photo sessions.
- The next attraction in the tour guide is Grozny-City . The chic complex of skyscrapers and its second stage amaze the imagination. Here are collected housing and office buildings, business centers and hotels, shopping malls. State-of-the-art technologies are used everywhere. From the top of the “Grozny City” hotel, there is a lovely view of Grozny and the surrounding mountains.
- Next, we recommend going to the Akhmat Kadyrov Museum . He is also an example of resplendent luxury. The main thing is not to arrive on Monday, when the complex is closed.
- Arc de Triomphe at the entrance. You need to look for it on the Gudermes-Grozny federal highway; the main name of the monument characterizes it eloquently.
- Fountain “Waterfall” on Kirov Avenue. The arrangement of the fountain required the creation of a special reservoir illuminated along the perimeter. The waterfall itself is also illuminated every evening. It is most pleasant to inspect it from the wooden bridge.
Where to eat deliciously?
Be sure to visit several restaurants in the capital of Chechnya, which have already won positive ratings among experienced tourists, judging by the reviews on the forums. So the rating of the best establishments where you can spend the evening.