The capital of the Republic of Bashkortostan, Ufa, is located on the hills of the picturesque Pribelskaya Valley, already on the western side of the Ural Mountains. The city stretches over the Belaya River. It is one of the most spacious and greenest cities in the country. In the material, we have selected the main sights of Ufa with photos and descriptions, which you should definitely see on your own or with the help of an excursion.
If we talk about where to go in Ufa to explore the main attractions, then definitely to the Verkhnetorgovaya Square. This is the oldest place in the historical center of the city. It is surrounded by beautiful mansions built in the 19th century. There are numerous bars, cafés and restaurants at your disposal. There are cozy squares nearby. The most important thing is that most of the important objects are within easy reach from here.
- Address: st. Lenin, 5/4
One of the central buildings of the Verkhnetorgovaya Square. It is a two-storey complex with a colonnade stretching along its perimeter. Inside there is a market square, where mass festivities take place in summer, and an ice rink is flooded in winter. In the Gostiny Dvor itself there are shops, souvenir shops, children’s creative centers. At the Harat’s Pub you can taste real Czech beer.
- Address: Verkhnetorgovaya square, 1
Fountain “Seven girls”
In the city square in 2015, between Gostiny Dvor and the Opera and Ballet Theater, the administration presented the residents with a dancing fountain, which is listed in all tourist guidebooks today. We note from ourselves that this object is a really interesting place where you can arrange a photo session, especially in the evening. Two water bowls surrounded by seven girls, heroines of one of the most beautiful Bashkir legends about freedom-loving beauty sisters. The square is one of the most popular and beautiful places in Ufa for a photo shoot.
- Address: st. Lenin, Theater Square
- At 13.15, 19.00, 21.00 and 23.00 it includes music, at 21.00 and 23.00 there is a light show.
Sculpture “House of the marten”
A charming bronze sculpture in front of the seating yard attracts the attention of both children and adults. Two touching animals on the tree who want to get to know each other. A popular place for photo sessions in the city, especially among honeymooners. By the way, the marten is a symbol of Ufa.
- Address: st. Lenin, 5
Monument to Salavat Yulav
One of the most beautiful views of Ufa opens from the monument to the national hero, the poet, who once fought alongside Yemelyan Pugachev. The equestrian sculpture, installed over the cliff of the Belaya River, is notable for being the tallest sculpture of this kind in Russia, with only three support points. Together with the pedestal, its height is 14 m.
- Location: Salavat Yulaev square
Alley of modern urban sculpture
An ambiguous place that originates near the Seven Girls fountain. Reviews about him are the most controversial. It is all the more interesting to walk along the alley and give a flight of imagination, reflecting on what the sculptor wanted to say with his creation. It may not be the most beautiful place in Ufa for walking at night, but in the light of the illumination, it is popular with tourists who want to take unusual photos.
- Object address: st. Lenin, 3.
Sculpture “Three screws”
Three spheres of stone with carved cuts lie on a pedestal. Several memorial plaques with the names of famous people of the city are located nearby. Ignorant tourists have long wondered about its meaning. It turns out that in Bashkir it is just the word “Ufa”. But, thanks to the sharp tongues of local residents, the sculpture will remain a monument to the Three Screws.
- Address: st. Lenin, 4.
National Museum of Bashkiria
The main museums are also located in the city center. The richest collection is at the National Museum. It has about 190 thousand exhibits. Among the most famous exhibits is a saber that belonged to Salavat Yulaev. The pride of the museum is the numismatic collection. In 36 halls, there are also works of art and religious culture of the peoples who inhabited Bashkiria. The museum occupies a historical building built in the spirit of Russian modernism at the beginning of the last century.
- Where is: st. Sovetskaya, 14.
- Visiting hours: Tue-Fri, Sunday from 11.00 to 18.00, Saturday from 12.00 to 20.00 pm. Ticket sales stop 1 hour before the museum closes.
- Ticket price: 150 rubles. There are discounts for children, students and pensioners, the cost of tickets is only 50 rubles. The excursion is available by appointment.
- Of. website: http://www.museumrb.ru/.
Nesterov Art Museum
The museum was opened almost 100 years ago, in 1920. It was based on a collection of paintings collected by the artist M. Nesterov. The exposition began with 100 exhibits. Today it numbers at least 12 thousand. Among them are old icons and books, national jewelry and clothes, sculptures. Although it is still based on the paintings of IK Aivazovsky, VI Surikov, II Shishkin, Yu. B. Levitan.
- Address: st. Gogol, 27.
- Visiting hours: Tuesday-Friday, Sunday from 10.00 to 18.00, Saturday from 12.00 to 20.30. Ticket sales stop half an hour before the museum closes.
- Entrance fee: 50-150 rubles.
- Website: http://museum-nesterov.ru/.
House-Museum of Aksakov in Ufa
The museum exposition is housed in a mansion built in the second half of the 13th century. In 14 rooms, the furnishings of the house that belonged to the writer’s grandfather have been restored, and where Aksakov himself spent his childhood and young years. Guests can view the collection of 18th century furniture, the library, and the family archive. The house hosts events timed to the “Aksakov’s holidays”.
- Address: st. Zainulli Rasuleva, 4.
- Visiting hours: Tue-Fri, Sunday from 10.00 to 18.00, Saturday from 12.00 to 20.00.
- Entrance fee: 50-150 rubles.
- Website: http://aksakovufa.ru/
Salavat Yulaev Garden
Not far from the house-museum of Aksakov, the descent into the garden and to the embankment of the Belaya River begins. The park area is planted with oaks and birches, in spring it is buried in lilacs. The park has an excellent infrastructure with benches and gazebos, which offer a magnificent view of the river. The grave of the writer Rashit Nigmati is located on the territory. Young couples and newlyweds took a fancy to the graceful suspension bridge, which received the unofficial name “Lovers’ Bridge”.
- Location: st. Salavat Yulaeva
Museum of Geology and Mineral Resources
At least 60 minerals are mined on the territory of Bashkiria. Among them are manganese and iron ores, coal, jasper, gold. There are oil and gas fields. The museum displays more than 5,000 samples of minerals and geological artifacts, in the form of plant and animal fossils. There is an exposition dedicated to the history of the development of mining and oil production.
- Where is: st. Lenin, 37.
- Visiting hours: working days from 10.00 to 17.00, with a lunch break 12.30 to 13.30.
House-Museum of Lenin
If the question is what to see in Ufa from the original sights, then this is the museum of the leader of the October Revolution. Lenin often visited Ufa, and once lived there for three whole weeks. The museum was opened under the patronage of N. Krupskaya in 1941. The furnishings and atmosphere of that time have been completely restored in the house. The museum especially attracts foreign tourists.
- Location: st. Zainulli Rasuleva, 4.
- Visiting hours: Tuesday-Saturday from 10.00 to 18.00.
- Entrance fee: 20-50 rubles.
- Official website: http://muzei-vileninufa.ru
One of the main attractions of the city of Ufa is well known beyond its borders. Its name is associated with a sacred flower for Muslims. Its minarets are decorated with tulip-shaped domes. Their height is 53 m. The structure, built in 1998, is located in Victory Park, on a small hill.
- Address: st. Komarova, 5.
The park began in 1947 with the opening of a memorial dedicated to the heroes of the Great Patriotic War. Today it is one of the most beautiful places in Ufa for walking and family entertainment. Guests are attracted by tranquility, tranquility, excellent views and many interesting sights gathered in one place. In winter, you can take a breeze ride down the ski slope or watch the training of biathletes.
- Address: st. Komarova, northern part of the city.
Museum of Military Glory
The Museum in Victory Park was opened in 2000. Guests are greeted by an open-air exhibition of military equipment. Perhaps this is one of the most interesting places to visit. Children will be happy to examine tanks and artillery pieces. Adults also do not refuse to be examined and photographed next to an anti-aircraft gun or armored personnel carrier. The building houses several exhibitions dedicated to the heroes of the battle and home front workers. Of particular interest are the halls where firearms, front-line correspondence, and some archives are displayed.
- Address: st. Komarova, 7.
- Working hours: Tuesday-Friday, Saturday from 11.00 to 18.00, Friday from 14.00 to 18.00.
- Cost: entrance ticket 50-100 rubles. Excursion service is paid separately.
- Official website: http://bash-rmbs.ru/.
Memorial “Grieving Mother”
At the entrance to Victory Park, tourists are greeted by a piercing sculpture of a lonely woman gazing into the distance. The war is long over, but she is still waiting for her son, but from the Afghan land. Nearby there are 2 steles of black marble, on which the names of those who did not return to their “hot spots” are engraved. The place is, to put it mildly, mournful, it is very difficult to be here. We experienced the same feeling when we visited a similar memorial in the city of Severodvinsk.
- Where the monument is located: the intersection of Kosmonavtov and Komarov streets.
Ferris wheel “Iremel”
The attraction will allow you to look at the city from a bird’s eye view. It is located at the shopping center of the same name. The booths rise to a height of 60 m. Guests can simply make one revolution or order a booth for an hour. The city looks especially impressive in the light of night illumination.
- Address: st. Mendeleev, area 137.
- Working hours: throughout the year, under favorable conditions, on weekdays from 14.00 to 23.45, on weekends and holidays – from 12.00 to 23.45.
- Ticket price: 200 rubles. For children under 12 years old – 100 rubles.
There are many beautiful and unusual places near Ufa. The fabulous nature of the Ural Mountains will delight active tourists. The ice cave is located near the village of Askino, at an altitude of 70 m above the fast-flowing Askyn River. It has only one hall with an area of 6.3 thousand m2, decorated with frozen stalagmites made of ice. The highest reaches a height of 15 m. The bottom is covered with ice that has not been melting for many years, and a relic glacier is located at the entrance. The original lighting gives free rein to imagination.
- Address: the village of Askino.
National Park “Bashkiria”
Where can you go to the neighborhood on your own by car or with a guide on an excursion? Let’s go to nature! The only park in Bashkiria attracts tourists with its pristine nature and some degree of equipping. Virgin forests, mountain streams, slopes cut by caves and canyons are interspersed with parking lots and small villages with hotels.
- How to get there on your own? From the Southern Bus Station we take a flight to the city of Meleuz, then we change to a flight to the village of Sargai, but we do not reach and get off at the bus stop in the village of Nugush. The cost of the whole trip is 450 rubles one way, the travel time is 3 hours.
- For motorists: highway P314, distance 198 km, driving towards Orenburg, travel time is about 2 hours. 40 minutes.
What to see in Ufa in one day?
The sights of Ufa are located compactly, and it will not be difficult to see them in one day, especially if the route of walking around the city is correctly drawn up.
- We advise you to first go to Verkhnetorgovaya Square and head towards the river.
- On the way, you can explore the Gostiny Dvor, visit several museums of your choice and interests, and turn to the charming Gufran Mosque.
- Further, we recommend staying in the park near the monument to Alexander Matrosov and the heroes of the Civil War.
- Walk past the Drama Theater and the Opera and Ballet Theater, admire the Seven Girls fountain, which we have already mentioned above.
- The evening can be spent in the modern sculpture alley, in the theater or in one of the cafes / restaurants.
As you can see, the walk will turn out to be intense, so we take a good mood, a full charge of the battery on the camera and go ahead. And then we recommend visiting one of the three cozy restaurants in Ufa in the evening, where you can eat and sit in a cozy atmosphere.
Where to eat tasty and inexpensive in Ufa?
Buffet cafe is more suitable for young people, located on the street. Revolutionary 41. A huge plus for spending time at sunset – a panoramic view from the window and a cozy atmosphere. The dishes are tasty and inexpensive, the average bill is 800 rubles. Contact phone: +7 347 272-91-00
Chaikhana “Duslyk” is located on the street. Krupskaya 9. Want to try Bashkir cuisine? Then we will definitely go here. The institution is famous for its delicious preparations, atmosphere, good service. What to order? We definitely recommend desserts, horse meat pie and meat dishes. Contact phone: +7 347 216-34-80. The average bill per tourist is 1200 rubles.
Mak Highlander is located on st. Karl Marx 24/1. We wish to get here to any tourist who wants to relax and forget about all the problems within the walls of the institution, an authentic medieval Scottish setting will allow you to enjoy the evening 100%, we guarantee a good pastime. We recommend trying fish dishes and ordering beer. The average check is 1,700 rubles. Tel: +7 347 272-83-83.
Sights of Ufa on the map
Where to go with your child?
Where to go with children to see the sights in Ufa and have fun, you shouldn’t think too much. Let’s list the main places where you should definitely go to have a good time with the whole family.
- In the ” Dinoland ” park , children will plunge into the era of dinosaurs. There are about two sheets of life-size figures of ancient lizards here.
- The dolphinarium in the city is small. There are few artists in it, but they know how to surprise.
- The water park in Ufa is indoor and located on the territory of the Planeta shopping and entertainment center. Here you can always get a sea of adrenaline and positive.
- In the rope park ” Gummy Park ” several sites await visitors. Both beginners and experienced guys can test themselves on rope routes here.
- In the evening, the whole family should go to a show at the local circus .
How to get from Moscow better?
You can buy train tickets from Moscow to Ufa on Tutu.ru. Fast and no need to run around the ticket offices of the railway station. The train schedule is listed below in real.